Monday, August 4, 2014

SO... WHAT DOES “88KITTY” MEAN?


It’s not about cats. It just is. 

I wasn’t born in 1988 – it’s the year I graduated High School. I graduated from college too, but “Spring of 95kitty” doesn’t quite have the same ring to it. (Yes, it took me an extra 2½ years to finish school – between taking very few classes my freshman year, transferring from a JC to a University, and having a major natural disaster disrupting my junior year it took a while longer than planned.) 

1988 was a time to me when the world was full of potential, smelled like Calvin Klein’s Obsession, and “Careless Whispers” was its soundtrack that played on an infinite loop.

It’s also the year my sister passed away. 

I see 88s everywhere I look – even when I’m NOT trying to see them; license plates, phone numbers, billboards. 

When I first started noticing it – I thought I was going mad. I was standing in line at the post office after having seen a lot of 88s around town, trying to convince myself it was just a coincidence, that I was pre-programmed to look for them. Like when you want a certain kind of car and suddenly you see them everywhere. Then I glanced down at the guy in front of me. His keys were in his pocket with the key rings sticking out… two mini 8 balls side by side. 

I never told anyone about the 88 “phenomenon” – and then, one day, my kids started noticing them and shouting “88!” whenever we were out. 

I don’t know what, if anything, it means – so I chose to assign a meaning to it. Every 88 I see means God is with me, letting me know everything is going to be OK (no matter how bad things look at the time.)


What sign is God using to get your attention?

We may fail, but God’s promises do not. He is always there to help us straighten out our lives and start over. {Go read 2 Kings 25}

No comments:

Post a Comment